The Student News Site of Truckee High School

The Truckee Times

logo

Big News, Small Town

The 2024 Prom Season is Now On

Prom bids are now on sale
The+2024+Prom+Season+is+Now+On
Henry Hukari

Amidst a cascade of sequins and whispers of excitement, high school students across Truckee are preparing for the pinnacle of their social calendar: the annual Prom night. With elaborate gowns flowing and sharp tuxedos gleaming, attendees eagerly anticipate a night of glamor and celebration, marking the end of one chapter and the beginning of another.

As spring turns into summer and seniors get closer to graduation, Prom season is also underway. This year’s Truckee High Prom is on May 24th, and the theme is Under the Stars. The date is nearing, and the price of bids will keep rising. As of Friday, they are going to be $130, so teachers recommend buying your bids as soon as you can.

Truckee High math teacher Eniko Kuch, who sells the Prom bids, says, “Everyone waits until the last minute, normally because students are unsure who they are going to ask or who they want to go with.” Naturally, organizers need help putting together tables. It is recommended that everyone turn in their bids as soon as possible, seeing as they are going up five dollars every week and a half or so. 

The promise of an unforgettable night truly elevates prom bids to legendary status. Beyond the glitz and glamor lies an evening filled with laughter, dance, and cherished memories. With Prom bids in hand, students gain exclusive access to an evening that will live on in their hearts forever.

Students like Devon Gauthier and Minou Fzeli have also decided to wait to turn in their bids, unsure of who they want to go with or when their dresses will come. However, if you need a dress, there is a dress swap run by the student body. Feel free to ask questions to Antja in the wellness center, counselors, or any of the leadership classes. 

Student body and staff can’t stress enough to get your bids soon because the prices will be raised by five dollars every week and a half.

Junior Minou Fazeli says, “Every parent tells their kids their memories from when they went to prom, and I would love to be one of those parents who get to tell my kids about it.”

From the attendees’ perspective, Prom represents a culmination of years spent in school, a chance to celebrate achievements, friendships, and the promise of the future. For some, it’s a night of glamor and revelry, while for others, it may evoke feelings of nostalgia or even indifference. Nonetheless, the significance of this event in the social fabric of high school culture remains undeniable.

Buy the Prom bids while you can!

Leave a Comment
About the Contributors
Cecilia Wood, Staff Reporter
Cecilia is currently Sophomore graduating early. This is her first year on staff.
Henry Hukari, Staff Reporter
Henry is currently a sophomore at Truckee high school and am apart of the Truckee Times staff. My personal interests include Snowboarding, Lacrosse, Sports, and Music. My main focusses in writing and reporting are covering local sports events, covering current music news, and covering global sporting events. I also want to learn how to better translate quotes and coverage from an event into an entire story.

Comments (0)

All Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *