The Student News Site of Truckee High School

The Truckee Times

Big News, Small Town

The Truckee Times

The Truckee Times

logo

Big News, Small Town

Film Festival Celebrates THS Athletes

THS Extreme Fest Looks to Feature Local Students Getting Radical
Beck Lupyak
The Inaugural THS Extreme Fest will feature locally made films on May 17. Submissions are due May 1.

The THS Extreme Fest is a competition between different athletes to see who can create the best ski movie. The inaugural event will be put on by the Truckee High Journalism team. 

The whole goal of the festival is to bring recognition to local athletes, get people interested in film making, and hopefully grow the event and expand it to athletes outside of Truckee.

Luckily, anyone can participate as long as they provide a film by May 1. Each film must be at least five minutes in length and contain creative editing elements such as music, B-roll, voiceover, or interviews. Even though it would still be cool, submissions must be more than just raw clips compiled together.

Working in teams is allowed and encouraged, whether everyone on the team provides clips or if some people just edit or film.

The main screening event will take place on May 17, after AP testing wraps up and a week before prom so it doesn’t interfere with any other events that students may be interested in or worried about.

Staff will attempt to show all submitted films on May 17. However, the amount of films that are able to be shown will be entirely dependent on the amount of participants and the films’ lengths. If the submissions take up too much time, the event will view what the staff deem as the winners.

Prizes may be awarded to the winners and participants after the screening.

You can sign up and submit films using this form